Rocketnut

Been a while!

Finally back on the forum after getting locked out for quite some time after the site upgrade :wall:

Lots happened the past year both for my truck and just life in general! Definitely the biggest change for my wife and I is the expected arrival of our first child in February which we finally just found out will be a girl!

Made several upgrades to the 97 this year as well. Had the injectors rebuilt by Rosewood Diesel with Stage I upgrade, also finally got around to fixing the stock turbo down pipe with a 3" and had DP Tuner set me up with several custom tunes for the new injectors. Am very pleased with how everything turned out, truck ran great all summer and pulling our trailer camping was a dream! (See photobucket attachments since I am apparently over my whopping 500KB attachment limit...)

Summer camping with the 97

After all this work and fun with the truck we decided to buy something a little newer...

New truck

As such the 97 has to go... Tried to convince Millco to buy it to keep it in the family but they have decided to keep the '06 mega cab instead (can't really blame them, it is a nice truck). Sad to see the good old truck go, but we are really happy with our new one!

Here are some more pictures from this summer's adventures:

Camping 2016:

Summer camping 2016

Mount Borah Hike 2016:

Hiking Mount Borah 2016

San Diego Miramar Air Show 2016, Las Vegas, and USS Midway Museum:

San Diego trip 2016

• Like 1

Thanks! I did finally sell it last week. A couple bought it to tow their restored 1978 31' Airstream to live in full time, hopefully I can get a picture out of him as I imagine it will be a great looking setup! Here is my last picture of the good old truck.

• Like 1

I still am able to keep in touch with the guy I sold my old 97 to. I'm happy to say he enjoys it at least a much as I did and appreciates what he has. He spends most of his time down south so the truck should stay in great shape without the snow and salt on the roads  Here are some pics of his setup. 

FB_IMG_1514565423709.jpg

FB_IMG_1514565302639.jpg

FB_IMG_1514565515761.jpg

FB_IMG_1509218728407.jpg

FB_IMG_1509218682334.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I missed several of these albums......  Glad I finally saw them!  Good times and a couple of good trucks.

• Like 1

I'd love to go camping. Hopefully if I can get MoparMom dialysis started at home we can do more camping. This past year I've only camped out in Muddy's yard... Oh yeah... :-?

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found