• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
MUDDY

Getting Access to all forum posts?

many sections are not available until one logs in. :cheers;

some have asked why they will not show then we discover they are un-logged and do not realize. please check that.

thanks

any complaints with site performance or features? issues?

I notice that those with google chrome compliain about logging off automatically even when clicking ''remember me''.

also some complain of the same issue with other forums. something with the new styles of computer programs the forums use?

any complaints guys???????????????????

I can't read the members forum when I am logged off and that is where events are now posted. With google chrome I need to log in with each visit even when I click, "remember me"

Keep that in mind as I have the same issue with other forums with new softwares. My favorite buggy website has the same issue.

Sometimes when I am logged in, I try to go to a post for example, events. It says I don't have access to this section. Other than that, OK.

And I can't get to my signature to update it.

when going to that event thread, viewing and accessing the link would be possible if you are logged in. issue is sometimes it unlogs. even when checking the''remember me'' box. lately it has been ok for me but after a couple days away it still logs out but not all the time.

just be advised that one needs to check their log in status with each visit. yep, a pita but is what it is with the new software. this issue appears at others sites ive been on as well with the newer updates..

• Like 1

issue is the retraining process for many. those used to always being logged on and now they ar e never logged on and not realizing the upgrade, or downgrade in this case, has taken place.

some sites are not usable with int exp and must use chrome now. frustrating. at least our platform is not requiring chrome.

For this site it's optimal to run Chrome browser than anything else. ITD is fully HTML5 and CSS3 compliant. Not like like CF or other sites that are still running obsolete xHTML4 code. This is a huge security risk for them hence why CF got hit by hackers. 

https://html5test.com/

• Like 2

Autoguide in whole got hit so all their site got nailed. So there was like few million accounts hacked. Most of Autoguide sites are vBulletin 3 software so it made it rather easy to hack being the code is old and out of date. This forces code monkeys to hand code fixes but it does not guarantee it will be secure or up to date. Since vBulletin no longer supports vBulletin 3 or vBulletin 4. So, CF I know did a forced password change it choked there email server attempting to handle the massive password change sending emails with new passwords. 

The problem is that vBulletin 3 is designed for PHP 5.5 current version today is PHP 7.0 and most are using 5.6. So CF has to code in old PHP 5.5 for compliance and xHTML4 code. Other than that they would have to upgrade or rework the entire code by hand to become compliant.  Like here soon I'll be jumping up to PHP 7.0 for my server. Sad to say GoDaddy won't release PHP 7.0 for quite a long time typically till 7.1 is near its end of life but at least they have the site on 5.6 for now.

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

• Like 2

I dont have access to my signature so i can change it.

And at the bottom on my phone in the topics section, it wont let me in. Says i dont have access, and throws an error message.

Here is the error code

2S136/V