• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Content

• By LCACN
      I am wanting to upgrade my injectors/ tips. I am thinking of just doing the tips now and go with 60 or 90 horse tip. Which would be better? My CP3 is stock and injectors are stock and turbo is stock. In the feature I want twins.
    • By livin loud
      just wondering if anyone has downloaded the new smarty update? supposed to to be +/- 10 percent more power and less smokey..completely updated files??
    • By Mopar1973Man
      Ok first of let me vent here a second... (You've been warned!)
      I got a phone call from a gent this evening upset at his truck because of hard starting and P1689 error code randomily coming. He admits he's got a Raptor fuel pump, Edge Juice and 100 HP injectors. That fine... But the admits he's selling it because he's tired of all the VP44 failures and problem.
      WHOA! Stop the train... This is where I'm getting really tired of people giving the VP44 a bad name now pay attention.
      Now I asked him of his source of fuel. His response is he's running red dye fuel from a farm tank because its free.
      Then ask him of the the fuel filter he's running. His response is a cheap wix/napa filter.
      So now whining about VP44 failures but he's feeding it dirty watered down fuel and using cheap filters and wonder why the VP44 are not lasting. VP44 injection pump are a great pump and work very very well only if you feed them right...

Fuel lubricity of <450 HFRR (He admits in using 2 cycle oil )
      Fuel pressure of >14 PSI (Raptor pump and no lower than 16 PSI )
      Filters of <10 Microns
      Little to no water (We all know farm fuels get water from time to time from sitting in the weather )
      So what I'm finding out is people are abusing the pumps by cheating and then blame the pump for the poor quality of fuel and filters used. I'm really getting sick and tired of all the VP44 bashing...

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Evan

This will fix my tranny

Oh man... Could I bring my pan down later for you do to that too? As soon as I get my Cummins running again. I want a drain plug and temp port added as well. 

8 hours ago, Evan said:

Lol. Let's see if mine leaks first. I haven't got fluid in it yet

Did you braze the bungs in?

Welded. Actually a slight lie tranny builder did welding with my supervision.  Made me wonder why I hadn't done it before.

Crystal turned the motor over while I bolted the tourqe converter to flexplate.  Then I bolted the transfercase up. Then crystal put the throttle on the floor while I adjusted tv cable.

It's coming along but seems to be taking forever just got back from a Wyoming trip.

Will flush cooler tomorrow bolt rear driveline in, fine tune tv cable then bolt front driveline in if all is good

First day with new tranny and she was working.

Tranny feels amazing quick positive shifts but not harsh. No slipping at all. Turned my programmer all the way up. Truck is quick and fun to drive now. 

No shudder at all when standing on it from a stop. 

Did one boosted launch I k ow I shouldn't but ounce I heard her spool I'll let her go with tires spinning. 

Noe time to just drive here

• Like 1

Seeing good pressure on lock up at work. May tweak pressure up to 165ish at fluid change time in a thousand miles or.

20170427_194726_zpsstnwdaaz.jpg

Wasn't expecting  fuel pressure that low. I rarely go fuel throttle. Pump idles at 18.

Blew the hose off the acumlator port pulled over I watched gauge go from 120 to zero.  I'm like ohhh shit. In less than a minute she blew 2quartz out. Looked like 10 under the truck.

Took it off till service time when I'll bump pressure slightly more to 165..

I'll adjust bands filter and fluid and pressure.  

Have about 500 miles to go. I want 1000 on it before I service.

Ohhh been towing horses a little and it makes we from ear to ear. 

• Like 1

Did the first service. Adjusted bands . They didn't need it. Did filter and fluid running the 727 filter that I think the parts book says is for 97 and older 47re

Bumped the pressure a little but haven't yet checked it. It was 150 hoping it's in 160-165 area now.

She's getting very good smoky fuel mileage even around town driving. 

I updated my programmer and updated the time in truck. Bought all I noticed I think is more smoke

I have trans temp gauge I've been dragging my feet on. I want it on before I do much towing

Need to clean up the smoke. MPG is going to be poor if there is excessive smoke. That is one thing Smarty is lacking is the boost to fuel control that is granular and adjustable. Also, Smarty APPS value goes to max fuel commanded (4095 byte value) at the VP44 with APPS sensor greater than 50%.  So throttle range is shorten and very course control from 0 to 50%. 

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/59_fuel/stacking-tuners-good-or-bad-when-to-and-when-not-to-r497/

Check out the data logs... You'll see what I mean about TPS signal and CANBus fuel message.

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/59_fuel/me78569-datalog-repository-r509/

??? 

I thought there wasn't any UDC Pro for VP44 trucks? I'm pretty sure there isn't. I think what you got is the early release of the 02 CR Engine not the VP44. 

Screenshot of the 1998.5 software.  I always have my software with me at the dinner meets if you ever want to throw an eyeball on it.

1998.5.jpg

• Like 1

That's wild! I thought that Smarty wasn't going to do Pro series for the VP44 the last I heard... (Scratching my head).

Not sure of the functionality as I have no test rig in that variety but the parameter set looks decent enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's wild! I thought that Smarty wasn't going to do Pro series for the VP44 the last I heard... (Scratching my head).

June 09, 2016 - Software release

• Smarty UDC Pro RT: Added 5.9L VP and 6.7L from 2007.5 to 2009 and revised 5.9L CR and 6.7L from 2010 - 2012
    parameters.

• MM3 and Smarty Touch: Added UDC Pro RT for 5.9L VP and 6.7L from 2007.5 to 2009, corrected Transmission Temp PIDs
    for 6.7L 2010+, startup improvement and minor bug fixes.

http://www.smartyresource.com/Smarty_udc_pro.aspx

Now I remember... I remember seeing that update then knew I could use it... I would have to fire up Windows in a Virtual Machine to use the software. I can't so I never could see or play with it. I'm fully Ubuntu Linux and Android Linux... Look at the upper right of my screen shot...

Sad to say Quadzilla Adrenaline work fine on Virtual Machine for flash updates...

Does Not Work Under Virtual Machines!

virtualmachine.png

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 3:58 PM, MUDDY said:

Dunrite Converters .

Indeed I will get you a text. :cheer:

I have their tripple disc on my truck, love it.

• Like 1

Ill be hazing my way up to mccall to pickup a welding trailer. If see a white dodge with rickidy trailer its probly me.

Truck is still xoing awesome. Mpg numbers up since getting rid of the duals