Mopar1973Man

Ada County Smog

Do you need a way to get your modified truck to pass Ada County smog? I got a gent that is creating a throttle buffer that slows down the actual throttle signal so you can pass opacity test for diesel smog testing.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/11528-another-arduino-project-being-dreamed-upsmoke-output-throttle-reducer/

• Like 1

interesting. easy tho just turning down with pod or smarty sw0 = half power. idealy pull back fuel with your udc pro to pass emissions and be done with it. can run some big stg inj's and defuel w/ udc.

my 12v is valet switch. works as well. glad I don't mess around in ada

• Like 1

Another added feature has been added... He's now added a anti turbo barking measure. So it tapers out the release of the throttle to prevent turbo barking.

interesting. well needed on some. nick is certainly a wise gent and is coming up with some good ideas.

He's producing all the this for others to produce on there own. He doesn't want the liability issues but willing to share what he's learning.

I finally did have to test the cummins, passed perfectly, of course being pretty much stock I wasn't to worried.  Even with my edge on now, I don't expect any issues as it won't smoke at all without a load and even then it's just a small puff. 

Doesn't the smarty go 1/2 power to pass.

Seems 24v guys with pumped up trucks should go this route if having to pass emissions

If they never lift the hood you could the same with Quadzilla tuner too on level 1. You can select a percentage of fuel you want to provide to that level. Right now I'm using level 1 as a security level being I've got mine choked all the way down to 25% so it barely rolls even 25 MPH. Makes it rather tough to steal my truck then being you'll stand out like a sore thumb. I know in Colorado they just check for error codes and check for smoke opacity that's all. So Quadzilla can do the same too.

But like you say Crack the hood and your busted. Never smoked checked anything ever in Elmore County. I even turned the fuel up on jetta. She's looking to get 500 plusses on a tank but may not pass emissions now

Yeah the smarty will hide my 100horse injectors. You blip the throttle and she Letts out smoke. Lol.  

If I can bury the Quadzilla under the hood somewhere I can set my maximum fuel rate on level one to any percentage I want and pass any smog testing. I'm not worried up here in Adams County they still have zero smog inspections as of yet.