• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

millco

Help!! Shop Manual Needed for a 2003 Sentra

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can come up with a shop manual for a 2003 Nissan Sentra.

Last Sat it died.  I found it had no spark.  The crank position sensor went bad.  New one cured it and it ran to Boise and for several days after that.

It died again.  I got Rocketman to diagnose on it.  No spark again (it has COP - coils on spark plug.  3 seem to be good and 1 might be bad....?)!  The crank sensor is good though.  There is 12V and ground to the coils and to the crank and cam sensors.  While cranking the computer tells the scan tool that spark advance is changing (it claims 63 deg. advanced before you start cranking!!), that the starter reaches 240 RPM and so on.  So I'm stumped....  Any ideas?  Anyone have a book?

The other one is a '01 Corolla.  It lost oil pressure.  I'm attempting to get the pan off because cutting open the filter looks like everything there was ok and had no metal from the engine!!  I'm not going to check the sender!!  It sounded louder than a 24V Cummins....  I can't get the pan off.  I don't know what they used for gasket maker but the bolts were definitely not needed!!  I've hit it with a propane torch and had no progress with a hammer and chisel....  Any ideas there would be appreciated also!!

Thanks!!  That should be a very useful one!

(I can't figure out how to get it.....  Is there a magnet link I'm missing?......)

Oh!  (The fine print:

" Please note that this page does not hosts or makes available any of the listed filenames. You cannot download any of those files from here. "

Got to have a torrent program like... Vuze

You'll have to find a copy of Mitchell One software to load the data files. It only about 130 GB to down all that... There is all kind of information and books on Torrents you just have to hunt them down. May be a copy of AllData you can do a search from that same site.

I use uTorrent...  I think it should work.  But that site has no download link I believe.  Unless I'm missing something.  I do that here and there......

Ok: I found a shop manual for the Nissan (It maybe a factory one.  Can't tell yet....)  If I can sift through the thousands of pages and find the right one(s); maybe I can fix the darn thing!

The Corolla......  I can't get the oil pan off.  I don't know what gasket maker they used but it is beyond awesome.  Bolts were not needed whatsoever!!!  But I found some more info and it appears the oil pump in on the front of the engine.  Under the timing cover.  They should have done it the same way International did the 7.3L Powerstroke.  Those are just under the harmonic balancer (On the outside of the timing cover)!  

Anyway, once I cook that pan off of there and do some cleaning in there; I need an impact to pull the harmonic balancer off.  Anyone around Boise have one?  I don't know if Ben's compressor is big enough, so I might need to borrow one of those too......  Or a battery powered one!!!!

I back home.  Tired!  Going to sleep.  Hate that I have to get right back up for work in a few...

Ben made it back: pan's off!  Oil pump is out!  Diagnosis is that motor was sludged up.  New front oil seal and oil pump and it should run a bunch farther!

What's a good way to clean up the inside of that poor little engine.  I'll get pics from her and post some.....  I'm almost tempted to 'pickle' the crankcase with diesel and idle it for a long time!

Update!  That Ben is very good at diagnosing problems.  On the Nissan he found a bolt was too long for it's hole in the head.  There are a couple of grounds on that bolt that are supposed to be captivated by it.  By the bolt being too long, they basically were just sitting there and not a very ground at all.  He had to replace one of the coils.  I believe that I must have put in that wrong bolt when I did the head gasket a few years ago.  I also feel that bad ground could have taken out that coil.  Time will tell if the thing runs better and if the mileage comes up.

Why would someone do such shoddy work as to install too long of a bolt, not notice it and that it wasn't holding down the grounds well enough!!  Uugh!  

Pump, gasket set and seal are on order for the other one.  Soon that one should be back on the road also!  Way to go Ben!!

• Like 1