• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mopar1973Man

2000 Jayco Eagle 296 FBS

13 posts in this topic

I figured I would share my RV over here and show off some of my handy work. My rolling man cave.

DSCF3591_phatch.thumb.jpg.89f593469379f1DSCF3599_phatch.thumb.jpg.b027fd95f92af7

I've added in solar power and a inverter to my power cabinet. Nice to have silent power and not have to drag around a generator or cans of gasoline. The Inverter is directly hooked to a transfer switch and allows me to supply power directly to my outlets through the RV.

DSCF3605_phatch.thumb.jpg.e395d5160c2e73

Nice little bathroom. Little tight for full size men but you get use to it fast. Much better than the old wet bath I had in my 1976 Dodge Jamboree motorhome.

DSCF3597_phatch.thumb.jpg.58517347f0ad9e

Nice big queen size bed. This is not one of those RV queens which is smaller this is a true queen size bed.

DSCF3596_phatch.thumb.jpg.7650cb1c2d010f

1 person likes this

During this warm weather I've been cleaning it up and hanging out in the man cave more or less. Heck today its 53*F here and light breeze. Smells like camping time coming on.

Even with the slide in you can manage to enough the RV for quick stop for lunch or bathroom break.

DSCF3602_phatch.thumb.jpg.edbfb0e82da249

As for my solar panels they are hidden under the bed.

DSCF3606_phatch.thumb.jpg.80d8a1c5fa3cad

I've got zero need for RV parks and full hook ups. I'll just drop where ever I want and call home for a few nights. All self contained got 1,200w of AC power about 200 amp hours of batteries. Just started converting to LED lights kind of pricey but help.

Like today I'm going to mix a batch of simple green and water and wipe down counters, walls, and the floor (bathroom).

1 person likes this

Well I spent the better part of the day scrubbing everything down today. The kitchen is spotless. Ceilings, walls, even floors been scrubbed. Done some work on thee cook stove and re-adjusted the air/ fuel vents to get a good quality flame that heats well. Ignites easy too. Scrubbed the oven good and ran it up to temp (Broil). Other than that I'm about done for cleaning just got to start packing supplies into it soon.

agree and disagree mike. agree, no need for rv parks. disagree about it being almost camping time.

its,

ALWAYS

CAMPING TIME   :rv::cheer::ok:

2 problems for me...

1. The houses here do not have a thermostatic heat. The only heat here is a wood stove. If I'm not home the house could freeze if dropping into the 20's.

2. The RV has the water lines for the bathroom outside the house area. So at temps at above 30*F they will freeze regardless of how warm it is inside the RV. There is a layer of fiberglass but rather weak.

So once I can be sure about freezing weather I normally start bailing out camping. Last couple of days and nights have been nice. Highs of 50's and night time just barely above 32*F.

2r5vs0j.jpg

Another day. I'm rather surprised that the weather is so mild this morning here. 39*F at 8am MST and lightly rained through the night. Yesterday afternoon I did some work to the tow rig. I got the oil changed and oil filter. I got to readjust my rear tire pressures for trailer hauling. Also I pulled my winter fronts.

As for the RV I've got a few minor things left to do. I'm most likely going to sanitize my water system today. Using the typically bleach mixture and full tank of water.  Got to take time and check the electrolyte levels on the RV batteries then do a good stiff charge on them. More or less stir the distilled water electrolyte together. I need to unload my tool cabinets and clean them out all reconsider the inventory of stuff that is rarely or never used. Last trip over the scales I was up on weight rather well.

This photo shows last falls scale run with weight limits and my tire pressure math.

2cqfx9w.jpg

1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

2 problems for me...

1. The houses here do not have a thermostatic heat. The only heat here is a wood stove. If I'm not home the house could freeze if dropping into the 20's.

2. The RV has the water lines for the bathroom outside the house area. So at temps at above 30*F they will freeze regardless of how warm it is inside the RV. There is a layer of fiberglass but rather weak.

So once I can be sure about freezing weather I normally start bailing out camping. Last couple of days and nights have been nice. Highs of 50's and night time just barely above 32*F.

2r5vs0j.jpg

I hear ya on the wood stove.

water in jugs inside the rv don't freeze tho

skip filling the h20 tank

Well after coming back from my last trip the weather here got cold again so I had to blow all the water lines out and drain everything. After blowing the water lines out, I decided to park it out in the back yard. No power. So I set out my solar panels. Working sweet. I walk out there and check the battery charge voltage and its 13.6 to 13.8 bouncing with the sun. So after been back in forth out there a few times I broke out the feather light vacuum and plugged in and started vacuuming the floors. It so nice to be able to just plug in and have 120 VAC power no generator to fire up and no gasoline to worry about. Heck if I had levelled the RV out I could have left the fridge on. Hmmm... I might make a run to town load the propane bottles up and do just that in the near future. Being the fridge takes so little propane and battery power I've got plenty of solar power to cover that... I'll grab some fresh photos tomorrow.

So far it's been park in my back yard for the last week or so and no connection to the city power at all. I've checked daily what the charge voltage was. Typically every day it topped out at 13.8 Volts DC and batteries are full charged. Now I'm getting ready to do another test run when the weather clears up I want to level the RV and fire up the fridge and leave it run. Propane wise that is nothing to run the fridge. I'm thinking I want to fill my propane bottle and set the thermostat for 70*F and see what the batteries do.