• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
06jeremy

2006 dirtymax trans problem

8 posts in this topic

Well hi to every one im new here and i would love some help

On my way to idaho from california i had a fuel issue i think i got it figured out but my transmission wont let me find out. First off the trans has a flow problem through the cooler and there is a lot of tradh cruzing through there . i want to go through it and have a nice reliable unit. I also was woundering what every one thinks about bypassing the cooler in the radiator and only having a nice aftermarket cooler only and maby if i save enough lunch money a nice pan for it to any help is apreciated thanks.

good to have you at idaho turbo diesels :cheer:

a nice large aftermarket cooler would be great especially with an auxillary fan. so is a mag hy-tec pan for increased capacity. i always try to do that as well. hopefully you can remove the trash so you wont have to bypass.

I have to ask why is there trash in the system in the first place? Also why isn't the filter(s) keeping the trash out of the system?

Might be a good time to consider flushing the transmission even though a lot of people don't like it but if there is debris in the system it would be nice to flush it all out, change the filter(s) and get back on level playing field. Then you can add the deep pan, extra cooler and a trans temp gauge if not already there. The only other way would be full tear down of the transmission but that requires deep pocket and not many people have deep pockets these days...

There is a lot of shinny stuff when i was on thr sife of the road and pulled the cooler line off to see if there was any flow through the stock cooler system and i put a pan under it and thats when i seen the junk but i figured i had better chances praying for the best and try to drive it to my destination and not drive it any more than needed. I dont wana waste my yime and money flushing it i seen sum brass in there . i do wana put a bigger pan ill be pulling around a 40 ish foot toy hauler after im done buying a house and find a used toy hauler and i dont wana have issues that vould have been prevented and would like some heads up on different ideas . like different converters. Cryo. Electronics. And other internal upgrades. Thamks a bunch guys

Any kind of adeas from any one or any learning lessons. Maby i can learn from things you have learned or where a good trans shop around here to rebuild it

Oh ok i appreciate that but one small problem im a rookie when it comes to these forums . so i dont know how to do much. Would any one like to inform me on how to do some kind of private message

Click on the users name and then select private message. That should get you started.