• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
686Cody

Tow Pig Project

MUDDY    118

cant go wrong with cody's truck. we have a few lucky membrs with these old OBS treasures. these trucks are keepers. I actually bought a new 96 and a new 97 just like cody's except they were the correct color. white of course. ;)

but that blue on cody's is so pleasing to the eye :thumbup:

• Like 1

686Cody    15

Thank you guys. I'm pretty happy with it. It definitely looks good when it's all cleaned up. 

It still needs alot of attention. Some things I would like to upgrade and some things that are just plain worn out. It's nothing a little time and money won't fix.$$$

I do get alot of compliments about it. I even had a guy show up to my house wanting to buy it. He didnt like the price I quoted him. You don't put this kind of time money into something your planning to sell. I'll never get it back out of it unless I drive it for a long long time. 

MUDDY    118

hope ya do drive it for a long long time. it should outlive all the newer versions of that truck for certain with less expense to keep going.

IDMooseMan    26

Looks great, Cody. I love my '97 CCLB. I have no plans on ever selling her. She's hauls/tows everything I've asked her to, and have absolutely no complaints.

686Cody    15

Hi guys. I am still fighting the good fight. My truck is still running good. I still love the turbo setup. Its probably my best upgrade so far.

I have been looking into a tranny swap lately. I would like to swap in a zf5 and ditch the e40d. Im currently looking for a donor truck with a manual tranny if any of you know anyone. 

Its also time to replace the body mount bushings. I ordered a poly kit from energy suspension this morning. 

I called the local wrecking yard this morning looking for a tranny but came up short. They don't have any sf5 trannys available. I did however score some v code leaf springs. Looks like the rsk has been set in motion. I can't wait to make this thing ride better.

I hope all of you are well. I apologize for not being online for a while. Time flies when your not having fun. Ill keep you all updated on my progress.

0703172028b.jpg

686Cody    15

Thank you sir. Even an idi 7.3 will work. 88 to 97. A cclb would be best so I could use the drive shafts aswell.

MUDDY    118

if you guys hear of someone needing some 4 inch lift springs I had on my 97 obs let me know. has 8,000 miles on em. springs shocks and hardware.

686Cody    15

Hey guys. I just thought I would update some pics since all the others got deleted. 

Not much news to update. I been hauling the trailer around and loving the way the truck runs pulling the trailer. I really think it runs happier under a load. It almost seems quieter. I don't really care to daily drive the truck anymore. It rides very rough and shifts too hard for my taste. 

I still haven't bought the rsk. I plan to get it installed this winter. I also still need to do the body mount bushings. I put the 5 speed swap on hold until I can get some money together. I had a couple awsome donor trucks slip through my fingers and it kinds ruined my ambition. So much to do and so little time. My second son is due to be born in about 4 weeks so free time is about to be reduced to 0.

• Like 1

jamiesaun    7

Nice clean looking work you're doing there. And Nice shop, especially the gantry. Wish I had one of those. 

Congrats on the son.

686Cody    15

Thank you. The shop is at work but they let me use it anytime I need it. 

Yes I would like to swap in a 5 speed. I have never liked how my truck shifts. Its not my daily driver. I use it to haul the camper and sometimes for work when my 6.0 dies (seems to happen every 6 months) so I'm not too worried about getting tired of shifting. 

I will keep the 5 speed swap on the list and keep looking for a good donor. First thing I want to do is get the rsk and body mount bushings done. I just need to find some free time. I may end up waiting until things slow down over the winter.

686Cody    15
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Im waiting to see the final picture all assembled. Very impressive setup.  

Thank you guys. I have spent alot of time researching what parts work well together and how to best spend my money. I am happy with it so far. Its night and day compared to how it ran when I first brought it home.

I will get a good pic of the engine. It definitely runs strong. The s366 turbo is a bit large for my injectors but with the .91 exhaust housing it lights up pretty fast and keeps the smoke to a minimum.

I would really like to get an sxe364.5 turbo. It would match my injectors better and I have heard very good things about them. Aside from that I think I am done with the engine.