• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Evan

02 cummins fun.

First post here. I used to frequent idaho diesel power but that site seems to have dropped I to a black hole. I'm in mtn home born and raised there. Been driving my 02 for about 8 years git here with about 20k on it she's no ticked past 240.

Last year I did a raptor fuel system. few years before shop did injection and retro fit lift pump into the tank. That is a junk pump by the way. I ended up mod ding the fuel sending unit and doing a draw straw with raptor on the frame rail. She's now 1/2" line from the tank to vp44.

Few weeks ago I did valves and the truck woke up quite a bit that was easy enough I decided what the hey so I orderd 100hp injectors from ducky fuel injection out of arkansaw, Chris there is awesome to deal with and explained the difrence between vco and sac Injectors, I ended up going with the sac style and. Chris Texted me to let me know there shipped and should be here on the weekend.

Parts that should be here by saterday are a bd Boost fooler, glow shift egt sensor and duckys 100hp injectors. My truck is basically stock with a big filter and 4" exhast and I've locket the waste gate closed I've already installed boost and fuel gauge.

Why I'm typing a book I haven't a clue just excited I guess to do my first real power mod.

A few photos

20120215151513_IMG_2922-1_zps81gbijn8.jpg

20120216214615_IMG_2994_zpsufe1afuf.jpg

Thanks muddy for the invited but I'm more a Texas rd House kinda guy. Kidding I noticed all your meetings in the same eating place.

Aero turbine muffler is now also on the way to quite my exhaust.

Ok game on had to share this photo injectors delivery to and from the same town. Lol

Gona tear her down and get a jump on the mail man. Boost fooler is,also going to make it. Egt is stalled somewhere in texas but could possibly just be lack of tracking updates.

Screenshot_2015-02-28-09-21-52_zpsthyiqudw.png

:thumbup: awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indeed after paying for my cummins upgrades its sizzler as I cant afford tx rdhse :)

Exhaust is done, all fabbed by me in my driveway. Pyro on and is reading under 1200 when I'm realy on it. And man the aero turbine sounds kinda baddass.

2015-03-06%2019.02.05_zpsc25z6zkm.jpg

2015-03-06%2018.59.08_zpsth6mgoen.jpg

2015-03-06%2019.00.34_zpskmmgwngx.jpg

2015-03-06%2019.01.29_zpsms9uivm7.jpg

2015-03-06%2019.02.05_zpsopvrrwno.jpg

Looking forward to towing the horses to see what egts it runs.

I'm empty and damn near hitting 1200. So I'd say the 4# downpipe was worth it. I might be pedaling off the power with a load on

Anything to reduce egts special when down pipes and my time to fabbed an exhaust doesn't cost all that much.

The plan was to aer egts with 3" but my gauge took forever to kit here the downpipe got here first so I never got see the difrence. Ohhhwell.

turbo does seem to be alit more whistley Now that she's 4" with a aero turbine

Curious how you know egt isn't much difrence from 3 tob4. Did yoy run 4" then go back to 3"

I was partially 4" now she all is.

20150304_165552_zpskd1dnxhx.jpg

Saw 1280 pulling a grade with horses. Pretty sure the 4" pipe didn't hurt. Also after doing some reading it looks like more, more boost might lower egts.

with no boost fooler it goes to just shy of 30 then drops off to 25is As it defuels.

Truck is night and day from before injectors it jumps up to 80 on the freeway and easily pulls grades with horse's in tow. It holds 2k on overdrive easy. Even while pedaling off to stay at 12000 egt.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BpA4uyr2iXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/BpA4uyr2iXU

A few finished photos. I even got the egt to turn on with the ignition. :)

20120316001419_IMG_4277_zps5wo7nhot.jpg

20120316001559_IMG_4284_zpspf29lphw.jpg

This old Hobart is a good old friend of mine.

20120315181929_IMG_4264_zpsmxlzffsv.jpg

Welcome to the club evan!! Hopefully we can get a dyno day put together to see the real numbers! Its good to have another MILLER here too!!

Sweet, I'll watch but I won't be putting my rig on the dyno. It's fun and tows much better. Numbers to me don't matter.

Saw the hydraulic fluid hype and had to try it. Bumped my line pressure 1.5 turns and am running 50/50 hy gaurd and plus 4. Tranny feels more solid. I think I'll bump line pressure another 1.5 turns. And run it till she croaks.

I've been looking into turbos but I think a boost fooler is needed first and might reduce my temps. I orderd a fooler but it's the wrong plug for my map sensor.

I notice on hills she goes to almost 30 lbs and then right down to 21ish. She never shows on the on the gauge cluster but I have the over boost code.

I'm broke now but I have been looking at the hy and hx difrence. And could possibly go the hx route.

This weekend she went about 140 miles towing. Some decent grades and rolling hills hills and man she runs I can make all grades at the speed limit or higher and jump out and pass cars easily. Before injectors I was lucky to maintain the speed limit going down hill.

Egt with cruise on and in overdrive will float between 800-1000. On the steeper long grades if I stay the speed limit it's under 1200. If I go faster I'm pedaling to stay out of 1300. I did pass a ford on climb to see if I could and topped out at 80 accelerating the hole way.

Also did some muddy twisty mtn roads slow in 1st gear and 4 low churning the mud. Egt never going over 900 even throwing roost over the trailer.

20150315_134213_zpsiczi82az.jpg

But yeah the hx will be on my short list special if I find one cheap.

welcome to the site evan.

she coming along so far.

Something else that can help control your egt's is to upgrade your stock exhaust manifold to a new 3 piece manifold. Helped my 12 valve alot.

Well she's slipping. I'm into researching mode. Hoping it makes it till next tax season. I'll gather parts and either rebuild it myself or have help.

I've been yanking horses around more then normal so she may not last till then.

I towed enough to relax on the egt gauge. Itl go 1250ish but that's about it And on steeper grades. No I pedal out of the power when the tranny slips. Lol.

Who's a good tranny builder. I gather my own parts and have it rebuilt if it comes to that. some of these 47re kits are super cheap , I'd bet most shops toss,the lowest price rebuild in and may not even replace some of the worn parts.

I'm trying to decide if I have it in me to do a full rebuild and upgrade. Itl be just as hard to find a tranny builder that is trustworthy.

It should be fun.

I might toss a converter in it and see if that's gets me by for abother 8 months or so.