• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Suder35

1986 Ford ranger 4D55t Mitsubishi

Hi everyone,

Im trying to find out info on the mitsubishi 4D55 Turbo diesel :wall:. Iv owned it for awhile and would like to tune the engine and realize that it would all be mechanical tuning.

Also if ANYONE has spare parts laying around their home please let me know. Its very hard to find parts and anything would be great.

Im looking for write ups or anyone who also owns one and has tuned the engine.

Please help

any help will be apprieciated

Thanks

Ben

Hi everyone,

Im trying to find out info on the mitsubishi 4D55 Turbo diesel :wall:. Iv owned it for awhile and would like to tune the engine and realize that it would all be mechanical tuning.

Also if ANYONE has spare parts laying around their home please let me know. Its very hard to find parts and anything would be great.

Im looking for write ups or anyone who also owns one and has tuned the engine.

Please help

any help will be apprieciated

Thanks

Ben

ok lets start with valve 1, cylinder 1

1. Turn the crank (with a ratchet) till the valve is fully open (spring compressed) -- this is pretty easy to see, the rocker on the pointiest part of the cam lobe. Make a mark on the crankshaft. Turn the crankshaft exactly one revolution clockwise-- this will make the camshaft turn exactly half a revolution, so it will be exactly opposite the cam lobe. Adjust that valve to the proper clearance (I cannot remember exactly what it is right now ... .25 i think but check it anyway). Then do the same procedure with valve 2, cylinder 1, and so on, till you do it with all eight valves.

According to pops who taught me , is that it doesn't matter what the cam timing or cam profile or the cam wear is... its just that you are finding the exact opposite of the top of each lobe, to make sure the valve is as fully closed as it gets, rather than trying to determine TDC for different pistons and worrying whether cam timing is offset from crank timing or what.

it works for me & i hope this helps!!

oh btw go to the hardware store & buy some fencing pliers its a great tool for changing the timing belt.(helps put the spring on) (this style) [ame=http://www.amazon.ca/TEKTON-3566-10-Inch-Fencing-Pliers/dp/B000NPUJXU%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000NPUJXU]TEKTON 3566 10-Inch Fencing Pliers: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement[/ame]

part number for valve guides

is ITM ENGINE COMPONENTS VG1165BR valve guides 4d55t!!

http://itm.mycarparts.net/# search mitsubishi mightmax 2.3td .... may not have yours parts but it can be cross referenced