• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jhill

First deer

very impressive! what a good feeling for a kid when they get their first harvest and what a good feeling for dad to be able to be there and participate.

WTG :thumbup:

Fantastic! Muddy said it best, so I'll just say, "Ditto" and congratulations to your daughter. She dressed out the deer, too, right? Who's doing the cooking?

I didn't make her do the gutting. It was pitch black out and we needed to get it done and going, so I just had her hold the flashlight and help hold the leg open. She did keep the heart. It was delicious.

Excellent! She can dress out the next one. I'm sure there will be more in the future. I'll get a deer one these years. :wall:

Got a turkey and an elk many years ago. Need to get another one of each...and a moose, too. :drool:

And my wife's first deer. This was in a short range area with a friend's muzzle loader. Thanks to this one shot, she got a deer, and I got permission to buy me a black powder rifle (come tax return)...

20141103_190017_zpsvbbufuxz.jpg

Those look like good eating for sure!! Way to go!

We all need to do a lot more of this. Best meat you can get!! Makes me hungry just thinking about it!! If any need, I'll get some recipes from my wife, she can sure make deer delicious!!!!

My youngest got her first deer last year! Even though she can't stand the thought, she stayed right there and helped me skin and dress the whole thing! Tough girl!! Hopefully, she will do it again.... He sure was good eating!

Both these deer have tasted good. One grew up eating potatoes and bell peppers, and the other had corn in it's scat from a couple fields away from where I got it. My daughter didn't have a problem with the gutting. It was her first little gross out test, because she wants to be a forensic scientist when she grows up and she may have to deal with a crime scene like that.

I still need to fill my 10 year olds tag. Hopefully she will do alright with the gutting as well.