• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sycostang67

Parting 1991 F-250

I have a 1991 F-250 super cab 4x4 I am parting out. The engine, transmission, front seat, wheels and instrument cluster are gone. The front axle is toast as may be the transfer case. I have a few things listed on CL already, send me a PM if you want info on a part I may have. I get the messages on my phone and will most likely reply the same day.

Got an update here, also parting out a 1986 F-250 standard cab 4x4. Was a 6.9 with a 4spd, both axles work but are mismatched gear wise, rear sterling is 3:55 and front D50 is 4:10 but do have a set of 3:55 gears for the D50. Most of this truck is still there except the engine/trans/t-case, the engine/cab wiring and the dash/instrument cluster.

Also have a front clip from a 1995 OBS truck, gasser core support with a good condition 460 radiator. No hood though.

Would you have any interior or dash components from the '95? I'm in need of four door door locks (remote controlled), a door handle for the right rear door, the HVAC controller (mine is hissing when turned off), and an instrument cluster. Not sure if there is a difference between in instrument clusters between diesel/gas and auto/manual transmission-equipped trucks.

The only other part I have from the 95 is the instrument cluster. It's from a gas truck with a manual transmission. If you want the cluster, you can have it. I've been hauling it around for several years, didn't want to toss it, but its real hard to sell.

I do have the core support from the 95, but it's a gasser support so not much use on a diesel unless you want to cut and paste with it.

Dan, if you want to get rid of that instrument cluster, I wouldn't mind having it. I have another cluster in my parts stash somewhere, but I don't remember if it is from a diesel/E4OD or not. The seller wasn't sure, and the repair shops are telling me there is a difference. I'm not too concerned about the mileage, but would like to have a working replacement on-hand that could be made to match the mileage.

There's supposed to be some code on the cluster body somewhere that states what it will and will not work with, if the shops are correct. What are looking to get for it? My truck is in the repair shop now, so if it eventually totaled, I may not need the cluster. So many variables happening right now, it's hard to pick a direction in which to proceed.

If the old girl is totaled, depending on the extent of the damage, make sure and let us know what insurance wants for buy back if you don't want it. No sense it letting a good truck go to the junk yard...

Will do. I would want her back. It would be more of a "can I afford to buy her back and fix her" type of situation. I'll let you know what's going on when they tell me. I figure the engine, tranny, T-case and axles should be worth something. The camper shell, bed and tailgate are in good shape, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shop can fix her without too much cost involved.

Had an accident a few weeks back. Still in the shop with an expected repair date of 4/15/2015. One week to go and I haven't heard anything about totaling her out yet, so I'm thinking happy thoughts. I'll let you know if I need the cluster. Won't know for sure until I bring her home where she belongs.