• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

millco

Half Price Concealed Carry Classes......

I was going to post up here about a quick class last week that was offered at half price. It was for the Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit!!!

I don't know what happened but it got canceled.

But!!! I think that there should be enough demand and interest that there should be more of these offered in the future. I would hope so, as I would like to take one of these classes. Getting one for half price would certainly help!

:popcorn:

Agreed! I'd like to "upgrade" to the Enhanced permit, and Susi and the girls have shown an interest in taking a class, too, but Jennifer goes back to Eastern Oregon University next month.

I'm sure Jennifer would use the .38-Special snub-nose, Salena and Susi would use the .38-Special and .357-Magnum (with .38s), and I'd use my .40-cal. Probably need to get some belts and holsters for the revolvers so the gals can properly carry on the hip during class/range time. Seems like most classes require a hip holster. One instructor in Nampa said I couldn't use my shoulder rig during range time due to the draw motion. :nono::roll: Muzzle pointed downrange is muzzle pointed downrange, but I will comply with instructors directions and class rules.:gun2:

LMK if this 1/2-priced class becomes available again. I might even haul the trailer over there, if needed. I'd need to find a dog-sitter though, unless Salena isn't available to take the class with us. It might be just Susi and I.

Just visited with a gentleman @ crossfire who puts on classes for enhanced and for Oregon. ill point him this direction.

Sounds good, Muddy. I wonder if either of these businesses would give a club discount if we asked to have our own training class. Anyone else interested in the "Enhanced" permit?

I'm kind of with that instructor: Not knowing each persons level of experience and training, I would prefer that each person in class had the same hip, outside the pants holsters..... I really get freaked out when a muzzle is not pointed down range!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should pursue the idea of having our own class. I'd come up there for it!!

Everyone start saving ammo now! You will need 100 rounds for this class....

I'll inquire at my local shop near my home, too. IMHO, we need to find out how much of a discount we'd receive, the minimum number of students they require before giving a discount, and the available dates for a special/group training class.

Can you think of any other questions we need to ask?

Dan, has this class opened up again? Sounds like we're getting more interest having an Enhanced class. Maybe we could round up enough people for a Club class and/or group discount.

Muddy, what about that gentleman from Crossfire? Would he be interested in giving a group discount for a Club class?

Would he be able to attend our meeting? Or provide some information/brochures for his class requirements? Susi, Jennifer, and I are interested. Salena is, too, but her work schedule is kind of sporadic. She would be a last minute attendee if the class dates and her work schedule lined up properly. So, that's three, and possibly four, attending from just my family. Add Kris and Ben and we're up to five minimum.

I don't think so. I've received so many cards from people regarding my truck accident that I just toss them on the nightstand. I'll have to look through the stack to see if I have it. If you have another one, please bring it to the meeting for me. If he can't attend the meeting, I can call him and ask a few questions on behalf of the club, it that is okay with you.

Working on it. I think we have enough folks interested. I'm trying to have an instructor come to the meeting and give a presentation of services offered and/or requirements. I just asked a question of Muddy in another thread (check it out). I haven't heard back from the guy I contacted earlier.

I hope we can get this going! If we can get enough of an advanced notice, I might be able to come and with a few people also!!

Let's do this!!!

In the other thread, I want folks to put in some dates that ARE (not might be) available to take the class. I need to coordinate dates with the instructor, so I don't want "Maybe" answers that turn into "No Shows" because the instructor would be conducting a special class just for us.

Weekends seem to be the best days, but I want to gather as many dates as I can before speaking with the instructor. I can't ask for special class dates and reduced rates if I don't know when people are available and the number of people attending the class.

His website states "four or more" for a class, but he mentioned "five or more" when I spoke with him on the phone. I think we have more members than that who would like to take a class, but getting them all together on the same date is the information I need to have before attempting to setup a special class with the instructor. I plan on taking my trailer for the class, so if nothing else, I'm going to do some fishing in Payette Lake while I'm up there. That is my current plan anyway. BSU classes begin in late-August, so I'll play that by ear, but first things first. Availability dates and number of attendees is what is needed before I go further with this process.