millco

Ever Look at Alien Gear Holsters?

I sure like the look and idea / design of these! They are about $30 and look like they would live up to the great reviews they are getting. Anyone have any experience with them?

Here's their Alien Gear Holsters website so you can check it out yourself.

Oh, I thought it was cool that they answer the phones up in Coreur d'Alene, ID!!

They're in Idaho?

Okay, I'm calling them. I have my Kimber with Crimson Trace grips, my five inch XD .45 tactical, and my wife's 9mm XDm that I'll be buying holsters for now!

Thanks Dan!

-Kris

So far, it seems very comfortable even for all day, sitting down use. All I could carry in it is my Glock 18 but it has the same shape, size and weight of a G17 or G22! I think this is a keeper!

Their prices seem pretty good to me. I also like the 3 aspects of the guarantee! Someday soon they will have a belt for sale on their site too. I hope they hurry!

Yeah..... About that: I'll have to remember to bring it and let you shoot it. It is fun but probably not what you are thinking... Let's just say that you will be able to shoot it wherever we meet up (Read: Won't matter if we are inside or outside!) . . . . . :popcorn:

I have worn this holster a few full days now. It is great!! On a trip (2 hours and more) I finally moved it from around back. Sitting on a full size auto on one side of your back isn't the best for extended periods. . . .

But, the other day I simply pulled the pistol out of the holster, left the holster in place and it was fine to ride like that (In the small of my back, on one side.).

Nice thing about these is you can wear it anywhere you like. For the most conceal-ability, you will want it about '4 or 5 o-clock' ('6' being your spine). If you are going to be sitting for long periods and it isn't comfortable, then simply reposition the holster to your side ('3 o-clock', or on your hip). After just a little practice, these aren't bad at all to put in and take off too. So that is nice!!

Yeah: So far I'm really liking mine. Great product and a great price!!

Anyone else have an update on these?

I really like mine!! Only thing they need to fix is that it doesn't have any positive retention. I have mine cranked as tight as it will go and if you hold it upside down the weapon will slip right out. For it's intended purpose it is fine. I just know that any altercation or 'hands on' will wind up going to the ground and you will roll around for a bit. Anything that isn't locked down will not be where you want it when you want it after that. If a simple way of holding or retaining the weapon could be devised it would be great!

Oh. My. God.

I picked up three of them, with spare parts, for under $140 shipped.

I'm still breaking in the one for my Kimber since it'll be the carry weapon, but WOW! These are some of the nicest holsters I've ever seen.

I'll post pics when I can .... it's been a rough weekend.

-Kris

Anyone else have an update on these?

I really like mine!! Only thing they need to fix is that it doesn't have any positive retention. I have mine cranked as tight as it will go and if you hold it upside down the weapon will slip right out. For it's intended purpose it is fine. I just know that any altercation or 'hands on' will wind up going to the ground and you will roll around for a bit. Anything that isn't locked down will not be where you want it when you want it after that. If a simple way of holding or retaining the weapon could be devised it would be great!

Dan, have you contacted their Tech Support? Maybe that's a flaw and covered under warranty. If you have it cranked all the way, sounds like it isn't functioning as designed.