IDMooseMan

What Are Your Plans?

Good morning. What are your plans for today? I will be doing the "prep-work" on my brake system. Gonna try to knock off the slight edge built up in the drums and clean out the brake dust. I might try to start the disassembly process, too, but we'll see how my back holds up after working on the drums.

I found my o-ring kit. Maybe I have an o-ring that will fit in the leaking A/C line connection. I'd love to get the A/C system vacuumed and recharged before summer arrives. Since we're doing a lot more towing lately, I think I'm going to reinstall my cooling system fan and shroud after I RTV the T-Stat housing connection. It's been slightly leaking since I installed the new water pump last summer. I don't want my gals driving the truck and have it overheat on them when I'm not around.

This is more like a week long (or more) research project for me, so here goes ....

The '06 needs some work, so I'm looking into getting her some new shocks, new tires since the BFG's are shot, new wheels (probably 18 inch wheels to give it a better look), possibly a steering brace but that might be a secondary project since we need to get the entire front end looked at, not just for the recall but because it needs some maintenance done so we want to nail it all at once.

I'm also looking into the prices for some Goerend parts for the tranny for it, and a new clutch for my '08 since it doesn't have enough clamping force for my taste. Neither truck likes to be set higher than 100hp over stock, but I don't need the clutch for that on the '08. I need it since it's my tow rig, and if I'm pulling 10k-12k behind her, I need to know that the clutch will do it's job. As for the '06, I knew the original owner used it to haul stuff and it's a 48RE so I know it has some weak spots. I just want to remove those issues from the tranny before the missus gives me official permission to do some major mods to it.

So yeah, I have a lot of research I need to do .......

-Kris

Wish I was closer!! With my new 'shop'!!! I have a little project planned this summer: a new 42' x 66' metal building on my place! Should be great when it's done!! The projects we could get into....

You know, we could always have a "Bomb Day" and I could bring my '08 and it's train horns.

I'm looking at getting a really nice headache rack for it so I can mount my K5LL up high and take the K3LA off for the missus' truck. I need to finish stripping the K5LL and then find a place to powder coat it, then do the same with the K3LA.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found