millco

Ontario, OR Enhanced Carry Classes

Don't know if I can do the 19th, and the 24th is right out since my oldest graduates Kuna High the day before.

Gonna have to see how my weekends look, or I might see if Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse has a class for it.

-Kris

Let's all keep looking, we can find a class that will meet our schedules and we can get this done!!

I now have a holster for the class!!!!

(If I only had a gun, and then enough ammo....... Someday. Soon, I hope!)

That's the other part of the equation, Dan. I have a gun; I have a holster (hip and shoulder); but I don't have enough ammo for the range time. I haven't heard from that local gun shop owner that I contacted, but I may just drop by his shop and ask him.

That's good to know, Muddy. I normally shoot 180-gr JHP in my Ruger .40, but 165-gr or similar "nothing fancy" ammo would be good for practice and training classes. The way my hands are getting, I'm thinking of using 165-gr JHP for carry purposes, too.

Hey, while we are trying to figure this all out: yesterday I hear (On Gun Talk!) that as far as 'perceived' recoil in small frame guns, it goes from the .45, to the 9mm, to the .40 from least to worst. The .40 is such a 'hot' round that it has the most felt recoil and is hardest to get back on target for follow up shots...... I never knew this! I think it would be nice to get my hands on these different 'sizes' and compare side by side!!! Might have to change my mind on what I would like to have......

You're welcome to test fire my .40 during an upcoming camping trip. I haven't fired a .45 or a 9mm in a long time. I never should have sold my Beretta 92F before leaving Germany.

You're welcome to test fire my .40 during an upcoming camping trip. I haven't fired a .45 or a 9mm in a long time. I never should have sold my Beretta 92F before leaving Germany.

Be glad you did. They all needed the slide mod done on them due to the slides on them cracking. Had a Gunnery Sergeant that I knew that has a nice 3 inch scar under his right eye. It seems that his issue weapon decided to come apart while he was shooting it.

He sold his personal 92FS the next day.

Damn. Guess I got lucky on that one.

Personally I loved the way it fit in my hand, but when I was in Okinawa in '92 - '93 I got "stuck" with Armory Custodian Duty. It wasn't bad, actually I ended up getting a letter of appreciation out of it signed by BGen Carol Mutter, the second female general in the Marines, IIRC, for a logistic readiness evaluation where we scored 97%.

The bad part was we had footlockers of Beretta's that couldn't be fired, but because of how dumb the rules were they needed a cleaning twice a month. Can't shoot'em, but you're gonna clean'em!

I loved the way it fit my hand, too. That's why I kept it so long. The ambidextrous safety was worn on the right side (left-handed previous owner) and the lever would rotate, but wouldn't actuate the safety mechanism. The left side lever was fine.

That's the other part of the equation, Dan. I have a gun; I have a holster (hip and shoulder); but I don't have enough ammo for the range time. I haven't heard from that local gun shop owner that I contacted, but I may just drop by his shop and ask him.
I drove by his shop earlier today and decided to stop and talk. The next class will be held on June 7, IIRC. He prefers hip holsters to simplify range safety issues, so I'd be wearing one of my hip holsters for the class.

He does do group classes, but needs at least 10 people signed up in order to do that. He didn't say, and I forgot to ask, if he'd give a group discount. I can follow up if that is something we want to setup.

I think I'm gonna get one (or more) of the Alien Gear holsters. I need to take my new Kimber out and break it in before I use it for anything, so I need the extra ammo (and not my good stuff).

(I'm still liking that Alien!! I'd recommend them!)

So, if any of you find a good deal on ammo, I think get some extra because it sounds like several of us need at least an 'extra' 100 or more.....