millco

Cassia County Sheriff Offering the Class for Enhanced Carry Permit

Sadly, you have to read the fine print .....

You can only do this in the county in which you reside.

This will be great for anyone in Cassia County though!

-Kris

I linked from a KTVB news article that said it was free. You do still have to pay the fees to get your permit ( Like $61.50 ? ).

The way I read it I understood that this was the training you had to do and have proof of passing to be able to apply for the permit. You do have to go through your sheriff to get the permit. If I can figure out one of those days to go to the training; I'll find out for sure if this is the way it would work. Would be nice to have the extra credentials on the training certificate besides the fact that they aren't charging for the class itself!

Any of you interested in taking it?

No way I could, I get off at 6am after an 11 hour shift .... tack on another 6 or 8 hours for the class and I won't be able to function well much less with a weapon.

I'll have to do like a Fri/Sat course since I work Sunday nights.

That Sat one is what I was kind of thinking of (so I don't have to use up a day of leave!)....

Yes, I want to take the "Enhanced" training, too. There is a gun shop here in Nampa that does this training as well. I haven't looked into it too much yet, but I did send a question about using a shoulder holster during training. It sounded like the training, classroom and range, would be done here in Nampa, which would be very nice.