Mopar1973Man

ALERT - BiMart no longer allows open carry!

Yes it true. I was confronted by the Emmett, ID store manager and told that open carry of weapons in the store is no longer allowed in any BiMart store. I figured I'd drop this tidbit here and allow other people to know this is a NO CARRY store now. My be Muddy and gang can find out more on this since I'm a long was from Emmett, ID or any BiMart at that point.

Here is a bit of searching I found...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101551-Bi-mart

indeed, I and others in our club went rounds with bimart in ont. this happened the first time and a confrontation with a red coat needed to take place, where I explainged that I would then do business with walmart and end my dealings with bimart of 35 years. then I recited an estimated weekly amount of which I purchased, x 52. x 35 = a whold lot of dough. from chlothes. to beer. to ammo. to firearms. dog/cat food. cnned/dry food. to tools/saws etc. oil and antifreeze. electronics. household items. the list goes on and on. mucho denero. asked him if he wanted to have walmart take over as cash receiver instead and which he replied NO....... stated 'no guns, no money'.

next time I was confronted again, same talk, and I told him he has the right to call the cops to trespass me off the premises. give me my refund for membership card. on top of that I still have unopened items like a chainsaw. a nib 12 guage. and other items unused I WILL be bringing back. I stated that I will be going elsewhere if he decides to do that. I asked if he is and he stated no. that was a couple years ago.

after I walked into the store and the lady at the front said, ''oh, you gotta gun''. I asked, 'problem with that?' not at all :)

time for us to have an Idaho turbo diesels meet at emmet bimart boys :ok:

educate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoparMom is wanting to write a letter to the corp office and give a piece of her mind as well.

Like a friend pointed out to me.

Do you wear your seat belt? Yes. Why do you where your seat belt? Because it will protect me in a crash better. So why do you carry a gun? Because it will protect me and my family if something was to happen. Kind of like saying I'll put my seat belt on just before a accident happens or Hey wait a second here Mr. BadGuy let me go home to get my weapon so I can deal with this. :wall:

Like even another example is being a fire fighter I've got to lug around a 40 pound bag of gear in what ever vehicle and radio on my hip at all time. If I don't I'm worthless as a firefighter and someone's life might hang in the balance.

Doesn't matter what you do if you don't have the proper tools for the moment you worthless as a person.

That right there sums it up perfectly! I think if we were to contact the office then maybe we could educate them on the reality. If open carry participants are not being ignorant and are properly handling their arms then there shouldn't be a problem!

Again...

Why does a police officer carry a weapon?

Wrong Answer:

"To protect the public"

Right Answer:

"To protect him or her self from criminals"

Police officers carry weapons for their own protection nothing more. So why is that citizens that open carry is such a problem? But concealed isn't? I'm not going to try to conceal my 9mm pistol and be uncomfortable carry the weapon hiding it under my clothes. F that! :fu:

A police officer doesn't have to hide theirs why should I have to???

I have never been to bi-mart. Not even sure I've seen one. But I would have to treat the place the same way I do Costco in Boise; walk in with a firearm anyways and go about my business until someone tells me otherwise. The couple times I carried into Costco, I caught the attention of some employees, but none of them ever came up to me and said anything.

I've been open carrying for quite awhile now and caught the attention of police officers and law enforcement many of times but never been stopped or asked about it. Usually Joe Public is the one comments about it either Good or Bad. But BiMart is the first time in years now that anyone had told me open carry is off limits.

(Still shaking my head over it)

Concealed weapon is fine but open carry is problem? WTF!?!?

see what they say the next time. ask if they want all your business going to walmart instead

Supposedly according to him WalMart in Ontario doesn't allow open carry now too. I'll find out soon...:confused:

I like that question: open is not allowed but CC is.......

Even if they put up a sign, it doesn't mean CC doesn't happen!

Winco in Boise off Milwaukee allows it as well. I saw a rather tall blonde woman dressed in black open carrying a nice little Glock. Not my taste in sidearms, but I gave a quick smile and kept on going.

-Kris

Supposedly according to him WalMart in Ontario doesn't allow open carry now too. I'll find out soon...:confused:

I do not see how a local manager can go against corporate w-mart policy

someone is a bull sh!tter!!!!!!!!!