97cummins

injectors

stock bosch 215's from the 96-98 215 pump trucks. not a whole lot of gain tho if you are wanting serious increase

I'm planning on coumpound turbo's, matt at source says I can use my stock turbo as one of my turbo's.

on injectors, I'm not planning on going bigger than 90 hp sticks.

But if another size sticks works well with coumpounds, i'll consider those.

If it were me, i would go with something a little bigger. Assuming you are going to be throwing a bottom turbo around 72-75mm under the stocker. A 5x12 "90hp" flows around 54-56 LPM. You could always go with a 5x14 "76 LPM" or 5x16 "100 LPM" and tune the injectors in with the fuel plate. If EGTs get crazy just slide the plate back. Then if you decide you want to go bigger you have room to grow.

I gotta a friend that says I should go compounds first, then work the injectors around them.

But mainly the compounds will be for towing, dyno, and d.d.

I might as well, change this thread a little. And add compounds.

What compounds should I go with.

I use the truck for daily driver, towing, and dyno.

Air before fuel is always a good idea :). A stocker/s475 would do mid 600s pretty easily. More getting really hot depending on the injector setup.

The most standard box size is typically 75/88/1.32. You can get a smaller a/r of 1.10 or .90 but those are aimed more for the people wanting to run a 75 as single.

NP. With some injectors and a turbo set up your truck should run sweet. Looks like you have all the basics covered. More fuel, more turbo , more timing :)

After some thought, I'm going to switch a couple things.

What I'm going to do is I'm going to do the compound turbos first, then the injectors.

I want to finish the air flow then add the fueling.

I want twins for Bull as well! Maybe I can make that old truck run rather well!

Shouldn't the timing be the same for an older VE 12V? (I haven't measured it but it does 'rattle' rather loudly!). There are a few times when it's pretty quiet so I should check the wiring and the KSB 'solenoid' to make sure that is working correctly....

Anyone have a decent turbo thats got at least a larger sized exhaust housing .. mine is a 12cm hx35w ... and my egt's are crazy and the plate is just FF ... 215 W/887 npump stock inj's ....

should my timing be more ? 18 maybe ... 20 ?

This damn dodge is falling apart and I have nearly every aspect of the ford rebuilt in the past 5 yrs so .... it only makes good sence to just swap out drive train and have a real nice truck and maybe then i can sell all the dodge parts and make it a worth while endevor ....

and besides . I need a ext cab and I love the way the Ford drives .. it was just to damn gutless ... so ... a 12V swao is just a natural choice and I know where to find one that can bust out with some nice power ....

Not to mention that my 87 has WAY more room under the hood for twins and such ... i have been measuring the dementions ... I will have a bunch of room to spare even with twins and such ....

considerably longer than common rail injectors due to less pressures and complexity, tighter tolerances. one would expect a couple hundred thou and examine them for good measure.