Jhill

Cali concealed carry shot down

Well every once in a blue moon the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco actually makes a logical decision. The moments are rare, but they do happen. And of no shock to anyone, this did not make front page news with the bleeding vag liberal mainstream media.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/13/calif-concealed-weapon-law-tossed-by-fed-appeals-court/

The San Francisco-based appeals court said those requirements were too strict and ran afoul of a 5-4 landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 2008 that struck down a Washington, D.C., handgun ban and said law-abiding citizens are allowed to have handguns in their home for self-defense.

Don't consider this as being "shot down". It's going to take time for the Pro 2A movement to really take hold in California since Moonbeam is governor again and the tree huggers love him.

All this did was make the current state laws for CCW unconstitutional, and they can now work on officially revoking it. Basically what they tried to do, illegally with the state laws mind you, was prevent CCW's from being issued without "good reason". You could pass all the background and psychological checks, but because "someone" in the process could simply say "that's not a good enough reason for a CCW" the application would be denied without further explanation.

This is a small win for California, but don't expect anything soon. They are already planning to "fix" the law to deny these rights under federal law.

-Kris

Keep in mind the Supreme Court forced Illinois to start a CCW program because the state didn't have one. If Cali tried to use this as reason to get rid of CCW, there is already precedence set at the federal level to make them still have the program.

Yeah but Kali does have a CCW program ..... Feinstein still has her CCW, even though she will never admit it.

You just need to be high enough in the food chain/public eye/etc. to get one.

How come her permit isn't published publicly like what happened to others!!! We should push for her's to be publicly listed!! I just love it how they are 'above' all the rest of us......

How come her permit isn't published publicly like what happened to others!!! We should push for her's to be publicly listed!! I just love it how they are 'above' all the rest of us......

And this is exactly what is wrong with our elected officials, and one of many reasons why we moved out of California.

I think we're forgetting something important here folks. Anyone remember this 1995 hearing?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/32591-busted-gun-control-legislator-dianne-feinstein-discusses-why-she-concealed-carry-firearms/

Let's not forget that US Senators and other government officials do not need a CCW permit to carry a concealed weapon. There probably isn't a permit under her name to list publicly.

I'm not a supporter of Feinstein and I got out of California a long time ago.