• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jhill

Search and rescue

After years of thinking about doing it, I finally signed up as a volunteer with Elmore county SAR. Last night was my first meeting. It was nothing special, but I finally got my foot in the door.

I know there are a couple first responder types on here, but is anyone else a SAR member? I know these guys will train me up and help me, but I could use all the info I can get on things like what to expect and suggested items to carry with me.

I think you and Mike (mopar1973man) should talk. He does a lot stuff with the Fire Department up in his neck of the woods. BTW, thanks for stepping up with the SAR endeavor. Not many folks are willing or able to that kind of stuff.

Right on...

* Idaho County SAR

* Salmon River Rural Fire Dept (Captain of Station 1)

Yeah. I volunteer time to both agencies. I got a avalanche training coming up on the 22nd of this month in Grangeville, ID.

Then every Tuesday night I've been taking Fire Fighter 1 and Fire fighter 2 classes.

I'm a busy person... :blush:

It's something I should have done a long time ago when I first thought about doing it. I kept procrastinating, mainly because of so many deployments. But really that was just an excuse, because I could have been useful when I wasn't gone.

Next Saturday should be interesting. SAR folks are supposed to be coming over for a debrief on the Craters of the Moon missing/dead hikers from September.

...Next Saturday should be interesting. SAR folks are supposed to be coming over for a debrief on the Craters of the Moon missing/dead hikers from September.
That be a very interesting debrief, indeed. Hopefully, you'll be able to share with us what was discussed.