• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
D/UNIT

Background checks for gun purchases

13 posts in this topic

I went to purchase a subcompact 9mm for my wife yesterday and they did not clear me for purchase said I had to wiat. They said if I don't hear from them by the 9th of march to call. WTF? I've bought firearms in the past with no probs. I've never had a felony.I passed background checks for prison clearence and foster care. Why did they not allow me to buy a fire amm? The guy said it was just a random thing that happens.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

The random crap does happen. I'm not sure there's anyway to determine why you weren't cleared this time. You might visit the local LEO dispatch center. Tell them what happened and ask if they can run a check on you. Maybe they'll come up with something. If they don't, I'd ask for a printout.

On the other hand, if you have a CCW, you shouldn't have to have a background check done in the first place. This is gonna become more convoluted and ridiculous in the future.

i knew someone who couldnt walk out with a new purchase without a wait. and they never call to tell you ok. you need to go back in on the date and pick up. if there was a problem then the govt would put a permanant hold on the purchase, and probably look you up.

her issue was several years ago an illegal mexican stole her SS #. she had it all cleared up but 20 years ltr still has an issue purchasing.

maybe they found out about that sheep thing........... :popcorn:

Thats exactly what i was thing. ....

Oh crap! I forgot about that. Did u tell them about that day we did that Muddy?

The last 3 purchases have been same day. Maybe they saw all my facebook posts about shooting guns and oblama.

I've had the same problem with the last 4 purchases I've made...all were rifles. Had to wait a week. I've just assumed that I was one of the veterans that they reported years back that were "accidentally" put on the terrorist watch list.

This is goofy!! Did you make your purchase finally?

Unfortunately, we are all going on 'the list' because of something or another or even for made up things.......

I cleared eventually. But passed on the weapon.

The last two background checks I did I had to wait first time I did any in years all I ever have had was dui no millitary when I was 21 all backgrounds were instant who knows wtf they are thinking

That is the best way to keep from having the feds know what you have!!!!