• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

ChevyBanshee

New to the site.

Hi I live in Genesee I have a 2001 Dodge Its the 6 speed nothing special. I'm learning alot from it and developing my love of the vp44 :td: Maybe if there was anyone around here we could meet up and talk about diesels haha.

Eddy

Ok Quick stupid question. my pickup has a Fass 150 lift pump, Quadzilla Adrenalin 75 horse injectors and its the 245hp motor. heres the question, when im on a higher power level and hold WOT for a few seconds, fuel pressure doesn't drop below 15-16psi but when i let off and say push in the clutch my idle drops way lower than normal like 650 rpm (900 is normal) and sounds funny until i give it some throttle.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Eddy

normal for a vp44. dont do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt help anything. sometime it may kill the engine then you will need to bleed injector lines to restart

welcome to the club :cheer:

Thanks everyone!!

normal for a vp44. dont do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt help anything. sometime it may kill the engine then you will need to bleed injector lines to restart

welcome to the club :cheer:

So what do i need to do to prevent that?? I would like to be able to make hard pulls with it without worrying.

Thanks

Eddy

maintain lift pump pressure and let off easier. not just take yoour foot off the throttle rapidly, unless a hazard is in front of you. on the dyno in a vp truck you will notice i am in it hard for the run and release the pedal gradually, then clutch in for a fast idle for a few seconds.

maintain lift pump pressure and let off easier. not just take yoour foot off the throttle rapidly, unless a hazard is in front of you. on the dyno in a vp truck you will notice i am in it hard for the run and release the pedal gradually, then clutch in for a fast idle for a few seconds.

Ok its good to know its my falt haha Thank you!

Eddy

fault!!!!!!!!!! no!!!!!!! just a trait of that specific pump. no big deal. learn! adapt! it will all work out when you treat each individual piece in a way that makes them work efficiently towards their design. :ok:

Hi I live in Genesee I have a 2001 Dodge Its the 6 speed nothing special. I'm learning alot from it and developing my love of the vp44 :td: Maybe if there was anyone around here we could meet up and talk about diesels haha.

Eddy

I would be the closest to you in New Meadows - Riggins area. Still a few hour drive between us.

Might check you tune on the Quadzilla also. But no these pumps don't like a quick change in throttle.

Welcome! :rockin:

Yeah, VP, tons of fuel to none quick, its not happy....good way to airlock the fuel pump. I doubt you'd have that issue on a quad adrenaline, but I had a buddy running a tst pm3, and I lost count how many times he did that to his truck..